August 19th is nearly here! We are so excited to welcome everyone.
To prepare your new home for your arrival, we are no longer accepting any early move-in requests.
For your convenience, we have designed a move-in schedule that we hope will make your move-in day stress-free! Please come during your scheduled move-in time based on your last name. This will help everyone have a much better experience and assist us with the flow of traffic.
Find tips, recommendations, and expectations for moving into AXIS
On behalf of the entire Axis Luxury Student Living staff, welcome home! We are excited to have you as the best part of us as we enter our third year of operating as a premier student housing provider in Orem. You have selected an incredible property that has an unrivaled resident life experience aimed at having fun AND fulfilling your academic pursuits. With more than 50 new and innovative amenities, this year is bound to be a memorable one shared with old and new friends alike! We are already in the planning stages for a ton of engaging community events that will make this year a blast. If you have any event ideas, we want to hear them and put them on our calendar! So please share.
In short, WELCOME! At AXIS, your new home is filled with FUN AMENITIES and LUXURY.
For all things AXIS, please refer to this guide for a seamless transition into your community. The content on this page includes pertinent information about the property, protocols, and tips to maximize your move-in and luxury living experience. We hope this information will help make your experience here at AXIS remarkable!
Move-In Day Map
The Axis Staff
We are here to help you the absolute best that we can!
Move-In Day Process
- Save yourself a ton of lifting and carrying by bringing a dolly or a wagon!!
- If you have parking, please utilize your assigned parking stall to load and unload your personal items.
- Please respectfully follow the move-in times assigned by last name so we can assist with your move-in process and make this transition as smooth as possible
- Lastly, moving is stressful. We know that. To help mitigate this stress, and as noted below, please come during your scheduled time per the beginning of your last name. This will help ensure a smooth move-in process that doesn’t overwhelm the staff, stairways, and elevators and will make life easier for everyone.
- Please bring a dolly or wagon like this. Your experience will be so much better if you do!
8am – 11am: Last Names beginning with A-F
11am – 1pm: Last Names beginning with G-L
1pm – 3pm: Last Names beginning with M-R
3pm- 5pm: Last Names beginning with S-Z
What to Bring on Move-in Day
****Residents that remember a Wagon or a Dolly will make their move in so much easier****
!!!Check out this example. Best $20 bucks you will ever spend!!!
Valid Government-Issued Photo ID
August 2023 Full Installment of Rent and Deposit (Key’s cannot be given unless resident has a $0 balance)
Additional Move-In Day Information
What to Expect and Other Considerations
- Please enter through on the West entrance of the Parking Level of Building A on 800 south. Please follow any posted signage for additional directions. Once you arrive, a team member will verify that your checklist is complete, hand you your move-in folder and keys. From there, you will receive additional information on where to park.
- Move-in appointments are assigned. ○ Late move in’s can be done by appointment, see below.
- There will be several stations guiding you through move-in; the process will take about an hour. Paperwork, payments, portal, keys, etc.
- To facilitate the process as quickly as possible, we ask that ONLY one vehicle per resident drive through the check-in. We would appreciate it if parents, guarantors, friends and family members could wait for their resident in the pool area to enjoy the snacks and vendors we will have on site!
Moving In at a Time Other Than Your Scheduled Day
- You are welcome to move in any day after your scheduled move-in day as long as any payments due are received by our office prior to your lease start date.
- We can only accommodate move-ins during business hours. If you are coming on a day other than your scheduled move-in day, we are able to facilitate your move-in during these times:
- Monday- Friday 10:00 am – 6:00 pm
Preparing for Your New Apartment
- Your apartment will come furnished with the following:
- Bedroom: Twin XL Pillow Top Bed:
- Twin XL Bed Dimensions: 38 inches wide, 80 inches long.
- Two Chest of drawers (4 drawers)
- Living Room: Sectional sofa & sofa chair, coffee table, entertainment stand, wall-mounted TV
- Dining Room/Kitchen: four bar stools.
- Bedroom: Twin XL Pillow Top Bed:
Making Your First Payment and Subsequent Payments
- Your first installment and deposit will need to be paid in full. This was due August 1 st per your lease contract.
- Subsequent installments are due on the 1st of every month. Your installment is considered late after the 1st and will receive a late fee if paid after midnight on the 4th resulting in an automatic $75 late fee per your lease.
- Your installment should be paid through your resident portal. Alternatively, it can be paid in person by check or money order. Cash is not accepted.
- Checks can be dropped off, brought in person to the front desk, or mailed in and are credited upon receipt. Any payments submitted by mail should be addressed to the leasing office at: 1435 West 800 South Orem, UT 84058 ATT: Leasing Office
- All checks should be made out to The Axis and must include what the check is for, your first and last name, and your full unit number (e.g., John Smith, October 2023 Rent, #A224)
ONLINE PORTAL PAYMENTS
The Online Resident Portal is a valuable tool for our residents. Access your portal if you want to make a one-time rent payment or set up automatic monthly payments, submit a work order, or view upcoming resident events on the community calendar.
To access the Resident Portal, visit https://axisluxuryliving.com/resident-login/
PACKING TIPS & WHAT TO BRING
Instructions and Tips
- Ensure that your items are packed securely in boxes or containers that are easy to carry. Well-packed items allow you and our volunteers to move all of your items quickly and efficiently to your room. Do not pack your belongings in garbage bags.
- Clearly mark all of your items with your first and last name to ensure your belongings are directed properly.
- Don’t pack things in alcohol or liquor boxes.
- Do not bring family pets with you.
- Parking is extremely limited during the move-in weekend. Our unloading spaces cannot accommodate hitched trailers due to limited maneuverability. Therefore only ONE car is allowed per student for move-in.
- Once you get your roommate assignment, contact them and discuss what large items each of you are planning to bring to campus. This way you can avoid overcrowding the room and having duplicate items!
PLEASE NOTE: At no time may you leave your car unattended in an unloading zone due to fire code.
Packing for the Big Day
- A dolly or a wagon to wheel your belongings.
- Personal Identification (state ID and/or passport)
- Linens, pillows and mattress cover (all beds are twin extra long)
- Toiletries and towels
- A shower curtain. The shower rod is provided.
- Computer (you might want to purchase a laptop anti-theft device or lock)
- Alarm clock
- Clothes hangers
- Laundry bag/basket and detergent
- Health insurance card
- Insurance protection for your property
- Personal emergency preparedness kit (flashlight, water, first-aid materials, batteries, etc.)
What Else Could I Bring?
- Additional reading/desk lamp (halogen lamps are not permitted)
- Throw rug(s)
- Decorations to help make your room your home
- Hair dryer/straightener/curling iron (must have an auto shutoff function)
- Small clothes iron
- Mattress pad
- Bicycle and high-quality U-lock, as bicycles sometimes get stolen (bike rack located in the center of property)
- Recreation equipment (please note storage is VERY limited)
- Personal safe or lock box
What Should I NOT Bring?
- Candles, incense, and/or oil burners
- Extension cords longer than 10 feet
- Pets – We are a No Pet Housing Provider. Please see a team member for more information.
- Furniture of any kind, including but not limited to, desks, chairs, mattresses, beds, waterbeds, tables, and office chairs)
- Drum sets or large musical equipment
- Gas-powered equipment
- Weapons and simulated weapons (for example, firearms, knives, Swiss Army knives, pellet guns, paintball guns, machete, firecrackers, and capguns)
Get with your Roommates and Buy a Good One!!!
You are responsible for it’s installation and maintenance.
Please reference your move-in folder for additional information.
Upon move-in, you will receive a parking pass from management. Please adhere this to your windshield (front or back). In the event where you need a new pass, please visit the Leasing Office or contact University Parking Enforcement (24/7) for a temporary parking pass. *Parking in a stall without a pass, regardless of whether you pay for the stall will result in being towed. To receive your permit, you must present your valid DMV Vehicle Registration showing that the vehicle is registered to YOU as the resident. Please also register your vehicle information using your Resident Portal. The permit types will be explained below. You may park ONLY in your permitted parking area or space. Different Types Of Parking: Covered and Uncovered Assigned Parking (referenced above). – Most residents will be parking in our Parking Structure. If your Parking Pass Includes a Letter “A”, “B”, or “C” – Please ensure the stall you are parking in matches the stall printed on your Parking Pass.
Unassigned Open Parking: Visitor parking is located adjacent to the Pool and Sports Court in any unmarked stall. Stalls that are outlined in white are assigned. Please pay attention to posted signage, parking decals on the road, and to additional parking instructions sent to you periodically through email and text.